2020 Meat Animal Auction
All Bidding to be Done Online:
Bidding Opens: Friday, August 7th @ 6pm
Bidding to Begins to Close: Saturday, August 8th @ 6pm
Annual 4-H Meat Animal Auction
In an unprecedented format, the sale of 4-H raised livestock will take place via an online auction hosted by Peterson Auctions LLC. The sale will showcase the hard work and quality product raised by 4-H youth from across Cattaraugus County, NY.
4-H is a community of 6 million young people across America with a Mission Mandate designed to promote citizenship, healthy lifestyles and the hands on learning of science, engineering and technology in our youth.
Terms of the Sale:
1. All consigned animals sell at public auction beginning Friday, August 7th @ 6PM and ending Saturday, August 8th @ 6PM. The sale will take place at PetersonAuction.com. This will not be a live auction. All lots will be open for bidding for the duration of the sale.
2. Interested buyers MUST register as a bidder with Peterson Auction. If you need help registering contact Peterson Auction.
3. Terms of sale are CASH or CHECK payable to "CCE." Buyers will be invoiced following the sale.
4. All animals sell by the head. All slaughter and processing fees are the expense of the buyer. All sales are final. Auctioneer will settle any disputes on bids.
5. A $25.00 per lot Internet Processing Fee will apply to each lot. This is to be paid by the buyer of each lot and will be reflected on invoices. (This will not apply to donation lots.)
6. Prior to the auction bidders will receive a phone call to select a processing facility. It is the buyer's responsibility to contact their processor following the sale to discuss cutting instructions.
7. The animals become the property of the buyer at the time of the sale, but will remain in the care of the 4-H member until processing. Youth participants will provide trucking to an area slaughterhouse OR buyers can make their own arrangements. All 4-H Meat Animal Projects must leave the 4-Her's property alive.
8. Pictures and promotional materials will be provided to the buyers in the online Auction Catalog.
9. Sale Order: Animals will be listed on the website in this order - Dairy Steer, Goats, Beef Steer, Lambs, Turkeys, Chickens, Swine
10. Animals cannot be donated back for resale. Buyer's who wish to make a donation to a 4-H project area or to the general 4-H fund may do so by sending a donation directly to the 4-H office.
Kennedy Meat Market:
280 Route 394
Randolph, NY 14772
Kerr's Custom Butchering:
149 Main St
South Dayton, NY 14138
5677 Michigan Rd.
Arcade, NY 14009
Hermann Weber Poultry Processing (POULTRY ONLY):
1727 Exchange St.
Attica, NY 14011